Key Points for May Contribution
The May Commemorative Contribution activity (April 24–June 6) is an opportunity for us to renew our bodhisattva vow to advance our movement for peace in the same month that Ikeda Sensei was inaugurated the third Soka Gakkai president on May 3, 1960.
As we continue our important work to support the practice and development of our members while reaching new people who are seeking a philosophy of hope, financial resources serve an indispensable role.
Nichiren Daishonin writes: “Just as flowers open up and bear fruit, just as the moon appears and invariably grows full, just as a lamp becomes brighter when oil is added, and just as plants and trees flourish with rain, so will human beings never fail to prosper when they make good causes” (“The Third Day of the New Year,” The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, vol. 1, p. 1013).
Here are some points about this year’s May Contribution:
• The May Contribution activity will be held April 24–June 6, with the theme “Creating a Groundswell of Hope and Victory With a Vast Heart of Soka.”
• The special contribution insert will be featured in the April 16 World Tribune and offer encouragement, an experience and updates on how your contributions are making a difference.
• Members will continue to receive contribution-related faith encouragement in their April and May publications.
• Youth who subscribe to the SGI-USA publications will receive a weekly newsletter during the contribution time frame, which will impart the Buddhist spirit of contributions.
• In consideration of the health and well-being of SGI-USA members amid the COVID-19 pandemic, contributions can be made in the following ways:
1) via Membership Portal at portal.sgi-usa.org/portal/contribution
2) call 855-744-2030 (Monday–Friday, 7 a.m.–5 p.m. PDT)
3) prepaid envelopes that will come with the SGI-USA publications in both April and May (if you use your own envelope, please put “May Campaign” on the front and address it to: SGI-USA, 606 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90401)
Thank you for your invaluable contributions to our kosen-rufu movement in America, as we take another step together toward realizing a Year of Hope and Victory with Sensei!