Changes to the District Study Meeting
Where guests can learn about the life-affirming philosophy of Nichiren Buddhism.
In an effort to support the SGI-USA’s advancement toward Nov. 18, 2018, to greatly expand kosen-rufu in America, the monthly district study meetings will become monthly introductory/study meetings, where guests can learn about the life-affirming philosophy of Nichiren Buddhism. The study material will continue to center on “The Wisdom for Creating Happiness and Peace” series, found in Living Buddhism.
Suggested 1-Hour Meeting Format:
• 10 minutes – Chanting and gongyo
• 5 minutes – Welcome and explanation of the practice
• 5 minutes – Experience (prepared with and reviewed by district leaders)
• 5–10 minutes – Study presentation based on material in Living Buddhism
• 20–30 minutes – Q & A
• 5 minutes – Closing words by the central figure